Computer Related > ebay purchases Miscellaneous
Thread Author: devonite Replies: 1

ebay purchases - devonite
A while ago (cant find the thread) someone asked about missing confirmation of a purchase.
Today I bought something on Ebay using a friends computer, I logged in, but obviously didnt notice that the "remember me" box was ticked. Later at home, I logged into Ebay and discovered that I had bought some wedding invitations!! Although they couldn`t use my pay-pal account to pay, they did manage to order them using my log-on. All email confirmations/purchase info came to my email box, and there was nothing on his machine or account to show that he had purchased anything.
I was thinking that this may be the same reason the other poster couldn`t find any trace of his purchases either!
 ebay purchases - smokie
That was me. I (thought I'd) ordered using my own computer, which does Remember Me, and no-one else uses it. So not the explanation for me, Anyway, no goods have ever turned up, and eBay confirmed there as no record of the transaction on their side. So I was either having a very senior moment or something else went wrong.

Still, it's a useful warning to anyone using a different computer...
Latest Forum Posts