Computer Related > Videos won't play in Firefox Computing Issues
Thread Author: Mike H Replies: 4

Videos won't play in Firefox - Mike H
For some reason, when I click on a video, I just get a blank space wher the video link was - e.g. a lot of BBC news items have a video clip inserted, does it on YouTube as well. The "invitation to click" symbol is there, and the click is recognised, but it just won't do anything apart from leaving a blank space. I use Chrome mainly, and it's no problem there so I end up copying and pasting URLs from Firefox to Chrome. I'm assuming that there must be a setting somewhere to control it. Any thoughts?
 Videos won't play in Firefox - CGNorwich
www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18495965

Videos won't play in Firefox - Mike H
Thanks. Have unintsalled 11.3 and installed 10.3 and all is now OK again. Must be a source of great embarrassment for them!

Videos won't play in Firefox - Stuartli
There are four versions of Flash Player (one for Internet Explorer and the second for other browsers in 32 and 64bit form). See:

filehippo.com/software/internet/ (to download which is the correct version for you).

Or, preferably, if you download Flash Player from the official Adobe website, the correct version will be downloaded automatically.

I also use the Windows Essentials Codecs Pack (includes the Classic Windows Media Player), which should play virtually any video as necessary:

www.mediacodec.org/
 Videos won't play in Firefox - Focusless
>> Or, preferably, if you download Flash Player from the official Adobe website, the correct version
>> will be downloaded automatically.

It was the 'correct' version which caused the problem discussed in this thread.
Latest Forum Posts