Computer Related > NC10 aspect ratio... Computing Issues
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 14

NC10 aspect ratio... - Mapmaker
Using my NC10 yesterday, suddenly the aspect ratio of internet pages, and icons on the desktop changed.

So internet pages are now stretched and the screen is about three inches not wide enough, although the vertical is unchanged.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
 NC10 aspect ratio... - Focusless
Has the screen resolution setting changed? Trying right-clicking on the desktop, graphics properties (or similar).

If they have, don't know what might have caused it.
NC10 screen resolution is 1024x600 according to specs, so if the display setting is set to anything else, something's up.
Last edited by: Focus on Tue 28 Aug 12 at 11:10
I tried changing the resolution, and it seemed to make no difference (but I was in a hurry).

If something did happen it might have had something to do with that silly slider bar on the mousepad, combined with the CTRL/SHIFT/other key.
Do the display settings currently indicate 1024x600?
No. They indicate 800x600. Which explains why the screen sticks out at the right hand side.

So change it then, Mapmaker, what's stopping you?

It won't change. I move the slider to 1024 x 600 AND click apply. It asks me to restart the ocmputer in order to apply the settings, so I do, but it makes no difference.

I cannot change the colour settings (32 bit to 16 bit) either.

Ideas please?
Not an identical problem but solution sounds like it might help:
www.sammynetbook.com/forum/threads/12699-Screen-resolution-problem-after-uninstalling-drivers
 NC10 aspect ratio... - Manatee
Try running the Samsung update utility if installed - I had a similar experience on the N150 though to tell the truth I'm not sure what fixed it. You might just have a broken driver file. Assuming it isn't a hardware problem, worst case is a full restore which is never a bad thing bar the inconvenience.

Thanks.

Can't be a hardware problem (can it? I know next-to-nothing about computers). The screen saver picture is perfectly normally sized. Moreover when I turn the computer on, it looks fine for a few seconds...

So how to do a full restore?
 NC10 aspect ratio... - smokie
+1 for Focus's response - did you run through that?
 NC10 aspect ratio... - John H
>> So how to do a full restore?
>>

I assume Full restore = back to as shipped from factory

may I suggest you first try a partial restore, = system restore to a restore date point before your problem first appeared.

If that fails to solve it, try Focus's link and steps.

Also worth trying the steps in post no.2 here:
www.sammynetbook.com/forum/threads/10490-Screen-size/resolution...

How do I do a restore, please?
 NC10 aspect ratio... - rtj70
I've never looked at Vista, but with Windows 7 the System Restore application can be found at:

Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore

This is used to restore the machine to a previous restore point.

Or do you mean restore it from scratch so it's back to how it was? System Restore does not delete user files but I'd always have a backup before attempting anything semi-destructive (not that system restore is).
>> How do I do a restore, please?
>>

Presume that you have XP?

system restore to an earlier date
support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=349417&modelname=NP-NC10

Full factory restore
www.fixya.com/support/t5535085-reset_samsung_np_nc10_netbook
Last edited by: John H on Wed 29 Aug 12 at 18:51

>> Full factory restore
>> www.fixya.com/support/t5535085-reset_samsung_np_nc10_netbook
>>

and

support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=147820&modelname=NP-NC10

Latest Forum Posts