Computer Related > Annoying breaks in YouTube videos. Computing Issues
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 8

Annoying breaks in YouTube videos. - L'escargot
I always get frequent annoying breaks in YouTube videos. Is this just my computer, and if so what can I do to cure the problem?
 Annoying breaks in YouTube videos. - Zero
How fast is your internet connection?
 Annoying breaks in YouTube videos. - Manatee
He's in rural Lincolnshire in a shell, with just those little aerials on his head ;-)
 Annoying breaks in YouTube videos. - Clk Sec
>>How fast is your internet connection?

I'm no expert, but I had similar YouTube problems whilst with a previous ISP with a sloooooow internet connection.
 Annoying breaks in YouTube videos. - Clk Sec
>> with just those little aerials on his head

Is there a problem when you watch Antennadec videos?
Last edited by: Clk Sec on Sun 7 Oct 12 at 14:08
 Annoying breaks in YouTube videos. - spamcan61
Hit the pause button on the video until it's finished downloading, at least that should stop the breaks.
 Annoying breaks in YouTube videos. - Fullchat
I had buffering problems with my old groaning XP Professional machine. When I got the iMac no issues :)
 Annoying breaks in YouTube videos. - lancara
...or use one of the available YouTube downloaders, and watch it off your own drives
 Annoying breaks in YouTube videos. - Dave_
Click on the little cog and reduce the image quality: The options can range from 240 to 360, 480, 720 even 1080. In the olden days everything came at 360 and you could select "high quality" 480 if your computer was powerful enough. Mine wasn't then, and it still isn't now.

In my situation, my broadband speed is plenty fast enough but it's my PC's video card that's the limiting factor. So even downloading the videos first doesn't make them play any better.
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Sun 7 Oct 12 at 23:01
Latest Forum Posts