Computer Related > Software -- Presentations like PPS Computing Issues
Thread Author: busbee Replies: 10

Software -- Presentations like PPS - busbee
To automatically produce a power point (PP) presentation quickly, there is at least one program that allows a folder of slides to be dragged and dropped into it. I saw it done recently, but do not know the program name.

I looked at Open Office, Libre Office and an Office XP Pro of 20002 vintage, without success. May be the latest Microsoft software does (?), but that is too pricey for my small use.

I have also used a package that has drag & drop to produce a slide video that also has many of the PP slide manipulation features but it did not have a manual way to go forward and backwards with the slides except by displaying all the workings of the program and then clicking from slide to slide to get a full screen view.

Any suggestions?

Incidentally, I saw a comment here recently that someone liked Libre Office more than Open Office. My limited experience of Libre is, if you have a PPS it will display it, but not let you edit it, whereas OO does both. For printing an existing Word envelope both messed it up ---- on my HP 1010 laser printer ---- and also their versions of an envelope did not print properly. Whereas Office XP Pro had no problem.
 Software -- Presentations like PPS - Zero
>> To automatically produce a power point (PP) presentation quickly, there is at least one program
>> that allows a folder of slides to be dragged and dropped into it. I saw
>> it done recently, but do not know the program name.

What are the slides?
For slides read jpg pictures.
 Software -- Presentations like PPS - No FM2R
>>Libre Office more than Open Office

I don't do envelopes so I couldn't say about that, but certainly editing a .pps or a .ppsx works in libre office.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Thu 25 Oct 12 at 17:00
 Software -- Presentations like PPS - devonite
May find something here!

converter1.software.informer.com/download-converter-jpg-to-ppt/
Thanks dev, but the "converter jpg to ppt" is a converter for a jpg to some other picture file or a pp to some other presentation file. Not a maker of a pp using a folder of jpgs.
 Software -- Presentations like PPS - rtj70
To throw a curve ball into this. Do you need a Powerpoint presentation or do you need to show a presentation with JPEG images transitioning in a slide show? There might be other solutions that avoid Powerpoint files.

Not that it helps you but for slideshows at home for holiday photos I tend to use iMovie on the Mac (not iPhoto).... more control over it being a movie that I create. And the fact I can then use Quicktime to export it with more control and faster (USB encoder).
rtj: I sometimes set up a projector from a laptop for an audience and, at short notice, get a USB stick of slides, in the correct order, to project for a guest speaker. The software just needs to suitably size the pictures and allow me to click forwards and backwards, as can be done with a PPP.

I tried a UCH video program that you could pre-set as to time dwell on each slide and it would produce a video in a few seconds, but it had no click facility except pause.
And is there some reason you can't use Windows Photo Viewer?

As long as all the jpg files are in one directory, then it allows clicking forward and back, and automatic slideshows.
Thanks FM. Only been using a computer since 1980. Never used the forward and backward arrows before with it !!!! Works OK.
Last edited by: busbee on Fri 26 Oct 12 at 12:37
[chortle]
Latest Forum Posts