Computer Related > I pad problems Miscellaneous
Thread Author: wotspur Replies: 6

I pad problems - wotspur
I know nothing about computers and in this case my daughters I pad.
When she first got it there was never a problem - but 18 moths later - more often than not when we try to connect to the internet - it comes up cant connect to safari - Ive gone to settings, and it says we are CONNECTED yo our home Virgin account, but still wont let us in.
Leave it for an hour and it lets you log in to several differnet settings, sometimes successful more often than not, no luck, even when we do it then suddenly crashes - this is really bugging me - im sure its a simple process that someone here can sort out - IDIOT PROOF , PLEASE cheers
 I pad problems - No FM2R
In my experience there is very little that won't be fixed by a full reset.

You just have to consider what you might lose.

Anything you've obtained via iTunes will simply reappear when you log in. Including Apps and music and everything else.

Does she back it up via "the cloud"?

If she does, go for a reset and just make sure she remembers all username/password combinations.

Reset can be found in settings/general almost at the bottom.
 I pad problems - wotspur
cheers NO FM2R - I found GENERAL - then went into RESET ALL SETTINGS , logged in then it came up with - ENTER YOUR RESTRICTIONS PASSCODE.
Where do you get the code for that ? cheers so far
 I pad problems - Manatee
There is no restrictions passcode unless the user sets one, so who set it? Is it written down somewhere with your daughter's other passwords, Apple ID etc?

If you can't find it or guess it, then your options are to leave as is, or do a restore as new.

You'll find restrictions under 'General' IIRC and it can be set off or on. I don't think it can be enabled with a blank password.
 I pad problems - No FM2R
As Manatee says - and its a proper nightmare if you can't find it.

So first its better to look. See if you can find it, find out from your daughter what it may be, then give us a shout if you still can't find it.
 I pad problems - No FM2R
From...

discussions.apple.com/thread/4336762?start=0&tstart=0

If you've forgotten the passcode to unlock the iPad then you will need to connect the iPad to the computer that you normally sync to and you should then be able to reset the iPad and restore/re-sync your content to it (support.apple.com/kb/HT1212 ) - you may need to put the iPad into recovery mode to be able to reset it : support.apple.com/kb/ht1808

If you restore on a different computer that was never synced with the device, you will be able to unlock the device for use and remove the passcode, but your data will not be present.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 17 Dec 12 at 21:22
 I pad problems - No FM2R
Any progress, Wotspur?
Latest Forum Posts