Computer Related > Too clever by half..... Computing Issues
Thread Author: Haywain Replies: 4

Too clever by half..... - Haywain
A couple of weeks ago, on a fishing trip with an old friend, I managed to catch a couple of very nice codling. As I have absolutely no knowledge of preparing them for the pan, I had to look up "How to fillet fresh cod" on Youtube.

Yesterday my son, a professional videographer, informed me that he had been recording Milos Karadaglic - a brilliant young classical guitarist from Montenegro. I looked him up on Youtube, Wiki etc which referred to the fact that he had received the Julian Bream Prize (etc).

Looking down the side of the Youtube page, I was amused to see on 'other videos you may be interested in' - "How to fillet fresh Bream".
Last edited by: Haywain on Sun 20 Jan 13 at 22:28
 Too clever by half..... - bathtub tom
>>I managed to catch a couple of very nice codling

You like fish-bones?
 Too clever by half..... - rtj70
Youtube knew you had looked at videos about filleting fish. So they suggested filleting bream. Not a surprise as they knew what you had looked at before and knew you'd just been looking for something relating to bream. Not clever but a bit of big brother.

And it's partly due to cookies (this example was all Youtube) but you go to a lot of sites with adverts and you might see ones related to things you have looked at before. On the Telegraph site I might see holidays to an area of Greece I've looked at recently on Thomas Cook.

Not clever at all... just snooping I suppose.
 Too clever by half..... - Haywain
Yes, yes yes, chaps, I understand all the cookies/big brother stuff - but the amusing thing, to me anyway, was the association between filleting cod and Julian Bream, the guitarist. Ah, well! ;-)
 Too clever by half..... - madf
pearls and swine ...
Latest Forum Posts