Computer Related > Lost USB 2.0 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dave Replies: 6

Lost USB 2.0 - Dave
When my little netbook came back from the repairers last year, they just did a new install of XP home. The problem is I now only have USB 1.0 and not the 2.0 I had previously. As a result I get a warning whenever anything is plugged in to say it could run faster with 2.0.

Is there a way to get back the high speed?
 Lost USB 2.0 - lancara
May be a missing driver - try the manufacturer's website (just had a similar problem with USB3 on a laptop)
 Lost USB 2.0 - smokie
Lancara is probably right.

Assuming you are plugging directly into the machine.

if you are using an extension cable or USB hub which could be USB 1.
 Lost USB 2.0 - Zero
Might be a down level version of XP, USB 2 only came in with SP1 I think. Are you allwoing updates on it? it might update itself.
 Lost USB 2.0 - Victorbox
As Zero suggests, you may need a later service pack. Full installation of SP3 is available here: www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24
 Lost USB 2.0 - Dave
Thanks guys. I had turned updates off as I only had a 56K connection and it would spend all day every day trying to download updates. But I've got 3G now, so turned it back on and did a huge update, and everything's working as it should.

Zero was right!!
Last edited by: Dave on Tue 22 Jan 13 at 16:34
 Lost USB 2.0 - No FM2R
>>Zero was right!!

Oh for crissakes!. If you ever want to get more help, or be welcome around here, or even spoken to in public, then you will take that back immediately.

Some of us have to cope with him on a daily basis you know.
Latest Forum Posts