Computer Related > i/OS 6.1 Computing Issues
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 11

i/OS 6.1 - Zero
Well as I said I would, I bypassed the 6.01 update on my i/OS 5.1 Iphone 4, and went for the i/OS 6.1 update.

Slight issues in that it would not connect to iTunes afterwards, but a quick search of the net revealed a quirk where you had to set the date to 2014 on the phone, try Itunes (it fails with a certificate warning) then back again to todays date, and all was well.

No idea what Apple Maps was like before, but its still not good. However Google maps is brilliant, and downloaded youtube player to replace that removed in i/OS6.

The iphone 4 is just as responsive, no lag or slowness, so all in all worth doing (now that some of my apps updates were demanding i/OS6)
 i/OS 6.1 - Rudedog
How's it going with the upgrade Z?, I still haven't taken the plunge so I was just wondering if everything is still OK or have you spotted any issues.
 i/OS 6.1 - Zero
>> How's it going with the upgrade Z?, I still haven't taken the plunge so I
>> was just wondering if everything is still OK or have you spotted any issues.

Yes its good, no issues.
 i/OS 6.1 - Manatee
The 4S upgraded without any apparent problem.
 i/OS 6.1 - Crankcase
Did the iPad yesterday - a few scary moments, especially when it decided I had no photos at all, and all my albums were gone. Then it said "restoring 1 of 2900.....2 of 2900..." very very slowly. Took a couple of hours, then the albums all appeared again. Would have been a bore refinding all the photos from various computers and memory cards, although doable.

That Siri is rubbish, isn't it. Almost everything I ask it it just says "want me to do a web search for" whatever I've asked it. And the new voice input thing on the keyboard mishears everything too, so the voice recognition is pretty useless (for me anyway). It's just quicker and more accurate to type it.

As to the phone, still not gone to IOS6 anything - telling me there are 62 updates to do, but looking at the details none of the updates offer me anything useful, and they are still all working, so who cares.
 i/OS 6.1 - Zero

>> That Siri is rubbish, isn't it. Almost everything I ask it it just says "want
>> me to do a web search for" whatever I've asked it.

yeah its an embarrassment, tho highly amusing when it gets stuff wrong. Dont have it on mine, but nicole has hours of "fun" on hers.
 i/OS 6.1 - R.P.
Just done the phone - no issues...
 i/OS 6.1 - movilogo
I am stuck with iOS 4.3 in my iPad 1. The iOS 6 is not supported in iPad1 and heard that even iOS 5 causes many apps to crash - so didn't bother upgrading to 5 either.

i/OS 6.1 - Rudedog
I did read this afternoon that some users who have upgraded to 6.1 are now experiencing problems where the phones battery is rapidly discharging and only lasting 2 hours, something about it permanently talking to the Mobile Network, not sure how wide spread this problem maybe and whether it's official from Apple.
 i/OS 6.1 - CGNorwich
Updated my ipod touch yesterday. It caused problems with podcast app. Podcasts would switch off after 10 seconds or so of starting playing. Deleted app and downloaded new version and now all OK.
 i/OS 6.1 - Rudedog
Sounds like there could be a patch coming out to fix the battery issue.
 i/OS 6.1 - Manatee
6.1.1 appeared this morning. Said to fix reliability and phone issues on 4s. Applied with no apparent ill effects.
Latest Forum Posts