Computer Related > Head scratching time. Computing Issues
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 7

Head scratching time. - Roger.
I have four browsers installed on my laptop, or 5 if you count the 32 &64 bit versions of IE9.
I have a problem with Firefox, Chrome, IE9 (32), IE( (64).
As you know many comments boxes in online papers and blogs have comments provided by Disqus, and in Firefox, not only do the comment boxes not appear, but trying to click on a link "Comments provided by Disqus" brings up Disqus' home page only.
Opera works fine!
I have tried browsing with Comodo Internet Security disabled; with Windows 7 in safe mode with networking, but the problem remains.
I have installed the latest Java and Flash, to no avail and additionally when I right click on the Discus link referred to above and try to "inspect the element" nothing happens.
Any ideas you IT experts?
Could it be that Disqus needs a referrer header to be sent: could this have become disabled?
 Head scratching time. - Zero
turn off all your add blockers and anti cookie devices.
Nope - tried that, with no effect.
 Head scratching time. - madf
Java up to date?
or Flash?
Last edited by: madf on Tue 5 Feb 13 at 20:25
 Head scratching time. - lancara
Do you have Ghostery installed? You need to disable it on the webpage concerned and then hit F5. I have this problem with the Telegraph website and their 13 trackers
 Head scratching time. - TeeCee
>> Do you have Ghostery installed? You need to disable it on the webpage concerned and
>> then hit F5. I have this problem with the Telegraph website and their 13 trackers
>>

This is a shaggy dog story leading up to a "13 Ghosts" punchline, isn't it?

;-}
Hmm - I'm trying Maxthon3 and finding it pretty good. It's quick at page rendering using, I believe, the I.E. engine and there are some interesting customisations and features installed in it.
 Head scratching time. - No FM2R
By pure coincidence I had the same thing today on a friend's website.

I use AdBlock and Ghostery with Chrome. I white-listed the domain name in both blockers and it now works absolutely fine.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Fri 8 Feb 13 at 00:38
Latest Forum Posts