Computer Related > Sending Photos Miscellaneous
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 5

Sending Photos - maltrap
Thank you to those who told me how to send "links" via Hotmail.
I now want to progress to sending photos of our new grandson.
Can anyone tell me how to transfer pictures from my "pictures/gallery"
using Hotmail.
Many Thanks.
 Sending Photos - rtj70
You need to add the photos as attachments. There's probably a paperclip icon in the Hotmail webclient to add attachments. Then navigate to the photos and add them.
 Sending Photos - VxFan
>> Then navigate to the photos and add them.

Make sure the photos are in jpg format and not bmp or you'll take forever to send them, and the person the other end will take forever to download them, not to mention eating into your and their monthly data limit.
 Sending Photos - Manatee
Maltrap, if you are a tyro with this sort of thing I strongly suggest you download and install Picasa from Google, it's free. It will save you the step of resizing your pictures for emailing.

It will find and show you the pictures on your computer and you can select and email them easily. It will automatically size and compress the picture files, and you can change the settings for that in Tools/Options. A 3.5MB picture sent by email at 1600 pixels wide is under 350KB and perfectly good for most purposes.
 Sending Photos - lancara
An alternative with hotmail is to load them into Sky Drive - you'll be given this option when you start attaching files. You get 7GB of free storage, and they can be accessed anywhere.

windows.microsoft.com/en-US/skydrive/download
 Sending Photos - maltrap
Than you all. My grandson Charlie is now having his picture sent far and wide !
Latest Forum Posts