Computer Related > Printer scanner advice Computing Issues
Thread Author: nice but dim Replies: 2

Printer scanner advice - nice but dim
I've been dealing with someone who's Canon inkjet printer scanner is showing errors and not scanning although printing ok. As it happens it is low on ink and we've decided it would be best to replace with a new one. It is a fair few years old and for not much more than new ink carts can replace with newer model.

I'm a bit out of touch with modern inkjets, mainly deal with HP laser and MFD's at work and I got my trusty Lexmark given to me so trying to suggest one that suit her needs.

Preferably Canon but any make where the ink carts dont bankrupt you when they run out.
 Printer scanner advice - Stuartli
Not au fait with present day MFDs etc but can thoroughly recommend:

www.diskdepot.co.uk

for replacement compatible ink cartridges for a range of printer brands.

I've used the firm for compatible Epson inkjet cartridges for my R300 since I bought it about seven years ago and never had any issues. All six required cartridges are bought for under a fiver per pack and I buy five or six packs at a time to make the most of the delivery charge.
 Printer scanner advice - Focusless
I know Canons are often recommended on here, but if she's looking for something cheap and cheerful, I bought an Advent from PCWorld recently because it was the cheapest and got reasonable reviews:
tinyurl.com/p5m8jju

At the time it was on offer at £30 rather than the current £40, so I let the nice lady on the checkout persuade me to buy the 3 year instant replacement cover for an extra £10. If you're patient it will probably come back down again.

It seems to work very well, better than the 2 year old Epson SX425 it had to replace when the latter stopped working. Behind the Advent badge it's a Kodak of some sort.

Compatible cartridges are about £7 per single set of 2 on ebay.
Last edited by: Focusless on Wed 29 May 13 at 21:33
Latest Forum Posts