Computer Related > Outlook and Spypig Computing Issues
Thread Author: hawkeye Replies: 5

Outlook and Spypig - hawkeye
Anyone use Spypig? It's an email tracking thing that used to work well with Hotmail. Now Hotmail's been replaced with the slightly naff Outlook and I can't drag and drop the Spypig icon onto an outgoing email any more. Firefox and Windows 7.

I've tried emailing Spypig without success.

Anyone any clue what I'm talking about?

Anyone with a bright idea to help?

TIA
 Outlook and Spypig - rtj70
Never heard of it but with a quick Google see you insert some HTML code in your emails which then triggers sending you an email to say the recipient has read it. So in Outlook.com are you using HTML emails? And if so, has Microsoft turned on some sensible security to stop your little HTML code doing anything?
 Outlook and Spypig - Zero
>> Anyone use Spypig? It's an email tracking thing that used to work well with Hotmail.
>> Now Hotmail's been replaced with the slightly naff Outlook and I can't drag and drop
>> the Spypig icon onto an outgoing email any more. Firefox and Windows 7.

I have you tried a copy and paste, rather than a drag and drop? You are just trying to get some html code into an html email client, so that should work.

Isnt this all a bit pointless tho? If its really important to you that someone has read your email, this tool is not reliable enough (there are a myriad of scenarios it wont work on) and you will end up with a false negative.
 Outlook and Spypig - MD
And there's NO chance it'll work on a Motorola of any kind. (0:/:0)
 Outlook and Spypig - Zero
works ok on an iPhone.
 Outlook and Spypig - hawkeye
>> I have you tried a copy and paste, rather than a drag and drop? You
>> are just trying to get some html code into an html email client, so that
>> should work.
>>
I have now and it works, thank you zero.

>>
>> Isnt this all a bit pointless tho? If its really important to you that someone
>> has read your email, this tool is not reliable enough (there are a myriad of
>> scenarios it wont work on) and you will end up with a false negative.
>>

It's an indication. It has worked well for me within its limitations e.g. knowing my time sheet has been read.
Latest Forum Posts