Computer Related > IE10 back button Computing Issues
Thread Author: neiltoo Replies: 4

IE10 back button - neiltoo
Occasionally, when I press the back button, nothing happens, and the website I am viewing remains on screen.
If I try "recent pages", a new web address has interposed, with a name like "ad.doubleclick.net/N4849.285.

I know that it's somehow related to advertising on websites.

Sometimes many of them completely block recent pages, and I can't recover to the previous page.

What do I do to stop it.

Ta in advance

Neil
 IE10 back button - devonite
Try downloading and running Malwarebytes Antimalware - best done in thorough scan mode when you`ve booted into "safe-mode".

I have malwarebytes , and when I checked, it's 161 days since I used it!!!

So I've updated it, and it's now running a complete scan.

However, this isn't a new problem, and I'm sure happened when I was doing regular scans.

I also have Bullguard and Spybot, which I probably don't use often enough - good reminder.
Well, a complete scan took 1hr24m3sec to check 39724 items, and no malicious items were detected.

8o)
 IE10 back button - TeeCee

>> I know that it's somehow related to advertising on websites.
>>

Correct. You click on link in page A. The link does not take you directly to Page B, but goes off to Doubleclick, Google, A N Other bunch of scrotal leeches, along with the address of the page you want to go to. They update their "things you're looking at" accordingly, redirect to Page B and serve targetted ads.

Clicking the back button take you back to their hidden page, which redirects you back to page B.
If you get this, double-click the back button. If on the Toadygraph website triple-click it, as everything they serve goes through two redirects.
Alternatively, long-click the back button to get the list of recent pages viewed and click on the one you want.

I'm sure some tinfoil-hat, merchant will be along soon to extol the virtues of FurForks and a bewildering array of extensions, but life's too short to set up and maintain all that lot in my book.
Latest Forum Posts