Computer Related > Changing broadband provider Computing Issues
Thread Author: belucky22 Replies: 10

Changing broadband provider - belucky22
At the end of the month I'm moving from O2 to BT. However, I've a number of folders of saved emails. Is there a way to efficiently save these on my computer ? Normal access is logging in to O2 page - which obviously I wont have. I did wonder if I could save them individually to a memory stick but this seems rather time consuming. I would be grateful for help. Thanks
 Changing broadband provider - No FM2R
Install outlook or similar and use it to download a local copy of all these emails. They will then be saved to a pst file and forever available, and usable, offline.

However, are you sure that you will lose access to that e-mail address? You frequently don't.

Mind you, not having a second copy (backup) of something which is important to you is a little unwise.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sun 21 Jul 13 at 18:13
Thank you for the advice. Although I may still access email address don't think the folders will still be available. I have probably saved too many emails and need to delete a few. I take your final point and it is something I need to do conscientiously.
 Changing broadband provider - rtj70
If you've moved the mail into folders on the O2 email servers, chances are installing an email client on your computer won't download them. You'll probably only download ones in the Inbox.

So you might need to move the emails back into the Inbox on the website. Give it a try. Take a look here at O2 for details of setting up email clients.

tinyurl.com/2wej25a
The advice is very helpful and much appreciated. I now know what to do and am prepared.
It was right that I didn't lose O2 email but storage now limited to 20 mb. It will be obvious I've only basic knowledge ICT and the change over was simple even for me. Only first day but so far absolutely delighted with new provider BT. Hope it continues ! Thanks again for help
 Changing broadband provider - Zero
And I have just completed an order, moving from TiscaliTalkTalk to BT internet. Same level of contract, but I get BT sport, BT wifi hotspot, and I get 6 months free BB and its 2 quid a month less. cutover is end of month.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 11 Aug 13 at 15:42
 Changing broadband provider - Clk Sec
Any move away from waffle waffle has to be a good move, in my 'umble opinion.
 Changing broadband provider - CGNorwich
Why?

Never had any problems and they're cheaper than most. Will do a cost comparison with BT though.
 Changing broadband provider - swiss tony
>> Why?
>>
I was with TiscaliTalkTalk for quite a while, and kept getting dropped internet connection.
Sometimes it was every five minutes!

Trying to speak to someone was always difficult, and the answer was always 'not a problem with us - get BT to do a line check (chargeable) and IF they can't find a fault we will look into it this end...'

I tried a different modem - same issues...

The cure was to dump carp-carp.

Changing broadband provider - Zero
>> Why?
>>
>> Never had any problems

Slows up a lot here during peak periods, i guess because the contention ratio is too high. The DNS servers are constantly going on go-slow or disappearing, mailbox frequently off line, and they keep phoning up pestering me to sign a longer contract.

I shall be 100quid better off this year by moving.
Latest Forum Posts