Computer Related > Nook Tablet Price Drops Miscellaneous
Thread Author: rtj70 Replies: 1

Nook Tablet Price Drops - rtj70
Barnes and Noble have dropped the price further for their tablets - which are being discontinued. You can get a Nook HD 7" 8GB for £79 now if you can find them.... they will soon sell out.

I've been thinking of getting a 7" tablet and the new Google Nexus 7 was tempting but I didn't want to spend £199. Now £79 is a bit more like it.

So I got one today :-) With the intention of getting rid of the B&N Android install and replacing with stock Android. I didn't like the Nook interface/skin but then I don't rate the Kindle Fire interface either. But B&N do now offer Google Play store access so you can even install the Kindle app.

After a short play with the stock UI I put on Cyanogenmod 10.2 which means it's now running stock Android 4.3. And it runs well. It was really easy to install as well. And I've got the original ROM backed up safely.

If you get one of these in John Lewis you get a free 2 year warranty. And the 16GB 7" tablet is only £99 (But I'll stick in a MicroSD card) and the 9" Nook HD+ 32GB is £149.

I think they are a bargain, especially when running Android 4.3.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Wed 4 Sep 13 at 17:56
 Nook Tablet Price Drops - rtj70
I should have added that it does not have a camera nor does it have GPS. Although you can probably connect to a Bluetooth GPS receiver - not tried it yet.
Latest Forum Posts