Computer Related > Adobe Flash but no Chrome, thank you Computing Issues
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 7

Adobe Flash but no Chrome, thank you - Ambo
The videos that accompany road tests all seem to require Adobe Flash now, although I don't recall this from the recent past. I have tried downloading the current version from Adobe but can't see how to do this without also getting Chrome, as it is part of the same package. Can anyone suggest a solution please?

(I don't want Chrome because I don't know what it is and don't want to upset my temperamental computer with it.)

Adobe Flash but no Chrome, thank you - Focusless
This is on the HJ site presumably?

Have you tried this: get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Which OS/browser are you using?
 Adobe Flash but no Chrome, thank you - Zero
By going to the Adobe web site, clicking on downloads, you get to this page

get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

And chrome is a very good web browser, you will have no problems with it.
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 18 Sep 13 at 10:42
 Adobe Flash but no Chrome, thank you - Victorbox
Just click on this link in Internet Explorer and it will trigger a Flash update if you need one: www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
I using Internet Explorer. I have accepted that Chrome is probably unavoidable but even so downloads will not proceed beyond about 70%. I am also using MSE as a virus checker and I think this may be stopping the process. Does this mean I have to uninstall MSE pro tem? It sounds risky.
 Adobe Flash but no Chrome, thank you - Slidingpillar
I've got Chrome on my big PC, but as I tried it and think it's pants, never installed on my laptop.

Quite a few things you download these days, also include Chrome as another download but I just uncheck the tick box in the same way I do for 'free' security checks that try and sell you the full product.

Although Firefox these days has versionitus, v24.0 is silly, my first one was v3 or lower.
 Adobe Flash but no Chrome, thank you - rtj70
Should be possible to install Flash without Chrome.

Tried this?

download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_11.8.800.174_archive.zip

From the Flash archives page:

helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html#main_Archived_Flash_Player_versions_for_developers
I subsequently found a non-Chrome Adobe command but the result was the same - it stopped loading part way but didn't say why. There was a preliminary warning that virus checkers could be a problem and I think it dislikes my combination of MSE, CrapCleaner, Malwarebytes and SlimCleaner.
Latest Forum Posts