Computer Related > VPN Miscellaneous
Thread Author: geoff1248 Replies: 4

VPN - geoff1248
SWMBO and me will be out of the UK for several months and she is rather concerned about missing Coronation Street ( I know, I know). Is it possible to set my UK router as a VPN so she can watch ITV iplayer when out of the UK?
 VPN - rtj70
The answer depends on your router. And I'd say you will struggle because you asked how.

Short answer is maybe.... possibly not without effort. And a lot of 'free' routers do not support this.

I have a VPN running at home... often tried to use say Sky and it didn't work so well. I might try a totally different subnet.... been sat overseas and Sky/iplayer were not happy. But VPN worked to home LAN.... difficult to test until you go outside the UK. It works when tested at home via VPN.

Now if I can get full Sky+ App working via VPN that would be great.

P.S. Home LAN like NAS and computers access for me works already.
 VPN - Zero
>> SWMBO and me will be out of the UK for several months and she is
>> rather concerned about missing Coronation Street ( I know, I know). Is it possible to
>> set my UK router as a VPN so she can watch ITV iplayer when out
>> of the UK?

you don't need to set up a vpn, you just use of the free proxy servers.
 VPN - sherlock47
Z

which free UK proxy server do you use that reliably streams video? OK maybe ok if downloading for later viewing? Last time I tried from France all freebiew were pretty poor.

VPN - No FM2R
There are plenty around, but a cheap one is an awful lot better than a free one.
Latest Forum Posts