Computer Related > How do I get rid of Thumbnails when opening Chrome Computing Issues
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 5

How do I get rid of Thumbnails when opening Chrome - Duncan
As part of my search to rectify the drop down menu slider problem in Chrome (See problem with clicking) I uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it.

I have Google set as my home page, when it opens there are 8 thumbnails underneath the search box. How do I get rid of them? I have done the usual search - using Google, of course - but it seems to get more and more complicated and the thumbnails are still there.

Any ideas please?
 How do I get rid of Thumbnails when opening Chrome - Focusless
I think what you're seeing is the 'new tab' page, which includes Google search but also has thumbnails of recently visited pages. If you actually go to google.co.uk you don't see the thumbnails?

As far as I can tell there isn't a Chrome setting to disable the thumbnails, but there are extensions in the Chrome Web Store that allow you to manage new tabs eg.
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/empty-new-tab-page/dpjamkmjmigaoobjbekmfgabipmfilij

"With this extension, new tabs display a blank page instead of the usual new tab page with thumbnails."
Last edited by: Focusless on Tue 21 Jan 14 at 08:08
 How do I get rid of Thumbnails when opening Chrome - Zero
leave them there and use them, they are very useful.
 How do I get rid of Thumbnails when opening Chrome - neiltoo
But sometimes... er...there may be something there .... erm.... that I wouldn't want someone else to see........
 How do I get rid of Thumbnails when opening Chrome - Focusless
Incognito windows are good for that sort of thing. Or so I've been told :)
 How do I get rid of Thumbnails when opening Chrome - Zero
same person told me to add another user account to windows for that kind of thing.

no idea what kind of thing he had in mind.
Latest Forum Posts