Computer Related > Facebook apps Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 3

Facebook apps - BobbyG
I am aware of the whole Facebook privacy argument and its just one of these things that you click on when accepting the app onto my phone.
However I have just had a recent update and I chose to read and, amongst other things, the agreement gives FB permission to :

Modify or delete the contents of the USB storage
Modify or delete your contacts
Take pictures and video
record audio
add or remove accounts
create accounts and set passwords

Now I don't even give the wife permission to do any of the above never mind FB. How much of this is genuine possibilities, can that app physically allow them to set up a new account and activate the video function in my camera?

Or is it more that it permits ME, whilst having the facebook app open, to take a photo as part of a status update?

There really does come a point that you think if it can actually do all this, and it is actually going to do it, then the benefits of FB do not warrant the risks. But with trillions of subscribers round the world, am I just being paranoid?
 Facebook apps - neiltoo
Yes, you are being paranoid
and we know where you live......

8o)
 Facebook apps - No FM2R
>>Or is it more that it permits ME, whilst having the facebook app open, to take a photo as part of a status update?

Yes.

Facebook apps - Zero
As soon as you sign up to Facebook, you agree to open your entire computer life to them. Thats what social apps are all about.

If you are in any way secretive , don't even touch Facebook.
Latest Forum Posts