Computer Related > Another bug in Chrome Computing Issues
Thread Author: Mike H Replies: 12

Another bug in Chrome - Mike H
My wife commented that she was having difficulty navigating web pages, because the up and down scroll arrows had disappeared in Chrome. I hadn't noticed, because I just use two fingers on my touchpad. But it seems that, in the recent update where the problem with drop down boxes manifested itself, they managed to unintentionally remove the scroll arrows and reduce the size of the scroll bar.

tinyurl.com/ozqv3nf
 Another bug in Chrome - Focusless
Hope they're taking more care with their Android updates...
 Another bug in Chrome - Falkirk Bairn
Now fixed, thank goodness.
I don't see any arrows at the edges of the scroll bars on this page though, and Chrome says it's up to date. I'm pretty sure they were there before...?
 Another bug in Chrome - smokie
The arrows aren't essential, just put the cursor lower or higher in the scroll bar than the blobby thing and click - or use the scroll wheel if you have one or page up/down, or up and down arrows for line by line scrolling.
>> The arrows aren't essential

No, but if FB says it's been fixed, I would expect to see them; I thought that was part of the problem.
 Another bug in Chrome - Victorbox
Plenty have complained that this is the sort of annoyance they expect from Microsoft not Google!
 Another bug in Chrome - No FM2R
I resisted changing from IE to Google for far longer than I should have done, just because I was comfortable with IE. Eventually when IE became unbearable I switched.

Chrome has become tiresome of late, as much as anything because of its memory demands which seem to grow exponentially as you open additional windows/tabs.

So I changed to Waterfox as recommended here. And I have to say I rather like it.

It is intuitive, although on occasions different which can slow me down. Browsing History works slightly different, for example.

It also took me a while to get Flash working properly, although I think that was my issue rather than Waterfox.

It does sometimes seem to take a while to do something, and also it came with StartPage which also took me a while to clear - turns out there are rather a lot of semi-hidden settings.

But overall, its rather good. I shall probably stay with it.
 Another bug in Chrome - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>>
>> But overall, its rather good. I shall probably stay with it.
>>

I've no plans the switch back either, it seems to work well.
 Another bug in Chrome - sherlock47
But be aware support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/966815
 Another bug in Chrome - Stuartli
>> But be aware support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/966815 >>

I have both Waterfox (which I use for 99 per cent of the time) and Firefox - I've had no problems with either, Waterfox being the default.

You can download Waterfox (it's the 64bit version of the browser) at:

www.waterfoxproject.org/
 Another bug in Chrome - Victorbox
I gave up on Chrome at the weekend and tried Opera for the first time in years. I was quite impressed.
>> You can download Waterfox (it's the 64bit version of the browser) at:

Seems to be quite memory hungry - with 2 tabs open (c4p & gmail), Task Manager is reporting that its memory usage is 750MB.
Latest Forum Posts