Computer Related > Internet Explorer not opening Computing Issues
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 5

Internet Explorer not opening - BobbyG
I usually use IE, but today it is refusing to open - I click on the icon to open it, the screen goes blank but no url appears, I cannot do anything and then it eventually closes again.
Even if I click on a link in an email, the same happens.

I am typing this through Chrome.

Any ideas whats causing it?

Windows 7 and a version of IE, not sure what, but for a while it was wanting me to upload to the latest IE but I always clicked no.
 Internet Explorer not opening - Zero
upgrade it and you will fix it.
silly question but how do I upgrade it if I can't open IE?
I tried downloading an IE repair tool from microsoft website through Chrome but it wouldn't work?
got it - I had downloaded a program called inssider for home as recommended by Virgin to check for wireless channels in your area. Between this and another program it seemed to manage to download a program called Safe Protect and when I have deleted both of them, its working again.
Now its giving me the prompt to upgrade to IE 11 - should I?
>> got it - I had downloaded a program called inssider for home as recommended by
>> Virgin to check for wireless channels in your area. Between this and another program it
>> seemed to manage to download a program called Safe Protect and when I have deleted
>> both of them, its working again.
>> Now its giving me the prompt to upgrade to IE 11 - should I?

Yes, it is better.
you can go to the MS site and download a new version. You could try a restore to a previous checkpoint, that will probably fix it.
Latest Forum Posts