Computer Related > iPod touch Miscellaneous
Thread Author: ToMoCo Replies: 7

iPod touch - ToMoCo
Kids just found an iPod touch in street.

It asks for a pass code, is there any way to find owner info without code?

Thanks
 iPod touch - VxFan
Hopefully the owner will eventually notice that its missing, and if they have any sense then they'll activate the find my device feature - that's of course if they ever bothered to set it up.

www.apple.com/uk/support/icloud/find-my-device/

iPod touch - No FM2R
>>is there any way to find owner info without code?

Essentially not, although if it has been sync'd with a computer the original owner could.

For you, then I would advertise that and take any other reasonable steps that you can think of and wait and see what happens.

You'll potentially help the owner if you leave it switched on.

If nobody comes forward then I'd suggest that you've gained an iPod to do with as you wish. At that point the device can be reset.
 iPod touch - Focusless
Hand it in to police? AFAIK you get it if no one claims it, or is that not the case?
 iPod touch - ToMoCo
I left it switched on, no one came looking. Called apple support this morning, they have owner details, as expected would not tell me but frustratingly would not pass on my details either. They said they would give police a contact number though, so handed into local station, I just hope they (police) contact apple with the serial number. It appeared to belong to a young girl whom I suppose will be in a bit of trouble with parents!

Apparently you don't get electronic items back if handed in!
 iPod touch - No FM2R
Nice to do the right thing though. And if it does make it to its rightful home, at least you will have helped one person have a better day.
 iPod touch - ToMoCo
Result - Letter from the police to say owner has collected it & passing on their details asking me to get in touch so they can say thanks. I'll just leave them too it tho.
 iPod touch - VxFan
>> I'll just leave them too it tho.

Pity, because if they were offering a cash reward you could have put it toward a charity of your/their choice.
Latest Forum Posts