Computer Related > Website for pooling and sharing photos Computing Issues
Thread Author: FocalPoint Replies: 8

Website for pooling and sharing photos - FocalPoint
We have a family event coming up in the summer and I'm wondering if there's a (preferably free) website somewhere that will enable anyone who attends the event to upload photos which can then be viewed by the rest of the guests (but not by the general public) - preferably something that doesn't involve installing software.

Ideally I'd like to have some control over the content - e.g. to be able to download selected photos to keep.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
 Website for pooling and sharing photos - Slidingpillar
There are a few - I use photobucket and on my bit, there are albums anyone can view, and restricted ones that you can only see if I've given you the password.
 Website for pooling and sharing photos - FocalPoint
Thanks, SP. Can anyone (or someone who's got a password, say) upload photos into a given folder?

I've looked at a number of sites, but nowhere can I find an outline of their features and capabilities.
Last edited by: FocalPoint on Wed 9 Apr 14 at 15:37
 Website for pooling and sharing photos - movilogo
I use Nikon Image Space. Nikon camera users get 20 GB space and non Nikon users can get 2 GB.

You can share an album via private URL.

Its servers are in Japan so I assume NSA can't view your images either ;-)
 Website for pooling and sharing photos - Slidingpillar
Don't think it works like that. There are shared sites that have shared uploads, but I don't use mine a lot, so I'm not really the best person to ask.
 Website for pooling and sharing photos - VxFan
Why not use dropbox and give access to a shared folder to those that require it.
 Website for pooling and sharing photos - No FM2R
Another vote for Dropbox, although you would have to think about how you will stop people deleting stuff.
 Website for pooling and sharing photos - bathtub tom
Facebook was used for one of my daughter's weddings. Most folk were on there already.
 Website for pooling and sharing photos - Dog
I use Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/43576259@N04/13426290274/player/ anyone can view the pics.

I don't know if it's possible to download photos from the site (or who would want to) :)
Last edited by: Arjades on Thu 10 Apr 14 at 14:39
Latest Forum Posts