Computer Related > Using an iPad for Notes Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 8

Using an iPad for Notes - Duncan
I am required to give a talk shortly.

Can I use my ipad to hold my notes - or prompts - and how would it work? It is the 10" job, I believe.

Does that make sense or is there a better way of going about things?

TIA.
 Using an iPad for Notes - No FM2R
>>or is there a better way of going about things?

For me paper works best. I find technology distracting when I am talking.
 Using an iPad for Notes - Focusless
Not something I've done, but what form are your notes in? Eg. if it's Powerpoint then google shows a number of ways of viewing them on your iOS device.
 Using an iPad for Notes - Runfer D'Hills
Dunno about anyone else but I make notes in advance of such things and then rarely end up using them. If you're on a subject you kind of know about it usually flows better if you just open your mouth and go.

Quite comforting as a safety net though I'll admit.

If I tried to use my iPad for that I'm quite sure I'd end up managing to lash it up. If I really need prompts I would use paper, you can't inadvertently turn a piece of paper off.
 Using an iPad for Notes - Zero
My "talks" usually used to be power point presentations. I usually used handwritten bullet points to keep me on message, Usually found that writing the bullet points was enough to imprint them in my mind for the "talk"
 Using an iPad for Notes - Pat
I use handwritten bullet points and it works fine for me too..........and gives me something to do with my hands!

Pat
 Using an iPad for Notes - Mapmaker
Paper doesn't need recharging, doesn't mind if it's dropped, can't be turned off, doesn't crash, doesn't mind a cup of coffee knocked over it, etc. etc.
 Using an iPad for Notes - NortonES2
I have had catastrophes during Power Point presentations. Like one in Scotland where SEPA lost half of the material. Probably an accident. Luckily I had a printed set of the presentation. To be honest, the second half , without overheads, was probably more effective. I hate Power Point. It was all the rage then, but I think it's a distraction. Coming to the point: print off the slides as an aide memoir, and free the world from tyranny:)
 Using an iPad for Notes - Duncan
Thank you for the helpful responses.

I have always used paper notes in the past, but assumed that with the advent of ipads and the like, that there would be a better way of doing things.

But it seems there isn't!
Latest Forum Posts