Computer Related > Internet Explorer Computing Issues
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 4

Internet Explorer - maltrap
My browser is IE9, would there be any benefit in upgrading to a later one, if so, which one. I,m not very computer savvy so i hope it's not too complicated. Thanks in anticipation.
 Internet Explorer - No FM2R
What version of Windows do you have?

If you want simply to keep up to date and you're happy with IE, then perhaps upgrade but I wouldn't change and have to get used to a new browser.

If you want to change, then I use Waterfox, which I like. Its simple, seems pretty quick and doesn't annoy me. Just Google Waterfox, go to their site and download. Dead simple and there are easy to follow instructions.

I also use Ghostery and AdBlock, they are extensions, and they just make my life easier. They are not necessary.

There are several other browsers, mostly it comes down to personal taste.
 Internet Explorer - Stuartli
Waterfox is the 64bit version of Firefox (maltrap might not appreciate why you asked which version of Windows was involved).

I use Waterfox and have done so for some years. It is very quick.

Certainly if that isn't the answer, still better to update Internet Explorer because of security concerns. Should, in fact, be offered as an upgrade by Windows Update.
 Internet Explorer - No FM2R
Thanks Stuart.

Also Maltrap, either upgrading IE or installing a new browser is very easy and simple, so don't be put off from trying something new if you wish to.
 Internet Explorer - maltrap
The Windows is Vista Home Premium. The reason i'm thinking of upgrading is a problem i have accessing my Sky account, the first page has another page over the top of it, on contacting Sky the only thing they could suggest was to upgrade/change the browser. Ihave no problems on any other site.
Latest Forum Posts