Computer Related > E mail problem Computing Issues
Thread Author: Skip Replies: 5

E mail problem - Skip
I have two email accounts linked to my iphone 5 (on o2) but can't send emails from either. I get a message saying that the username or password are incorrect, which they are not. I receive emails ok though. A colleague is having the same problem on his iphone 5. Anyone else having this problem or have any ideas ?

Andy
 E mail problem - Kevin
Possibly the OpenSSL Heartbleed problem.

If so, you'll need to renew your certificates.
 E mail problem - rtj70
You have not setup email properly for sending via SMTP. That's my thoughts. Maybe O2 needs SSL setup and you've not set that?

Using email via SSL connections does not use certificates for general email clients. There will be exchanges but you do not install a certificate on your end device.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Fri 18 Apr 14 at 22:28
 E mail problem - Kevin
>Using email via SSL connections does not use certificates for general email clients.
>There will be exchanges but you do not install a certificate on your end device.

Email clients on both my droid phone and laptop (Thunderbird) use certificates to identify the mailserver (my own domain) when sending email. Like Skip I've been receiving emails as normal but when I tried to send one on Thursday it failed. Deleting the stored password prompted me to accept a new certificate. Problem solved.

Only needed to be done for one account even though I use multiple accounts on the same server.
 E mail problem - No FM2R
Was it previously working and now is not, or has it never worked?
 E mail problem - Skip
>> Was it previously working and now is not, or has it never worked?
>>

I am not 100% sure tbh as I have not had this phone long and usually send my emails from a tablet. I had no problem on my previous 4S though.
Latest Forum Posts