Computer Related > USB charger compatibility Computing Issues
Thread Author: Mike Hannon Replies: 4

USB charger compatibility - Mike Hannon
I wonder if anyone can answer me a simple question? Are all USB chargers the same? I know the voltage is the same but I was wondering about connections.
My friend has given me a barely used Goclever 75 mini tablet thing, with a useful keyboard in the case. She got it from her firm, soon outgrew it and now has an Ipad. Thing is, after being left for a few months it is dead and she can't find the charger for it. It has what I think is a micro USB socket for charging and I have the USB lead adaptor that came with it. I've tried all my USB chargers, including the car hifi system, without success. When I looked on Ebay for the correct Goclever charger all I could see were ones that looked like any other. Am I missing something. Might there be a lead with some special connection? It was generous of her to give it to me but if it has died it's too cheap to do anything but dump. Any ideas?
 USB charger compatibility - Mike Hannon
PS: I've just read the other thread. It doesn't seem to charge from my old Mac either but I'll try a few more USB sockets.
 USB charger compatibility - spamcan61
I'd leave it plugged in for a few hours at least, if left to go totally 'flat' many devices don't appear to charge for a while when plugged back in.
 USB charger compatibility - rtj70
Most tablets will come with 1A or even 2A USB chargers. I would think it would charge from a 0.5A USB charger but a lot slower.
 USB charger compatibility - No FM2R
It does indeed use the microUSB for charging. This may shed some light....

www.goclever.com/data/upload/user_guide/257/20130903/Manual_R75_enpl.pdf.pdf

I'm surprised its dead, you'd expect it to work on power even if not on battery.

Just stating the obvious, perhaps you have to hold the "On" button for upto 10 seconds before it will switch on or reboot?
Latest Forum Posts