Computer Related > DOT LONDON Domain Computing Issues
Thread Author: Dulwich Estate Replies: 6

DOT LONDON Domain - Dulwich Estate
"The initial launch of the Dot London Top Level Domain - open to anyone wishing to get a Dot London domain name - is intended to provide certain trade mark holders and Londoners with priority over non-Londoners to get a Dot London domain name. The launch, which will begin on 29 April 2014 and end on 31 July 2014, will run two distinct phases simultaneously"

I quite fancy a dot London domain name or two.

Can those net savvy members kindly point me in the right direction for succinct information about such things as forwarding email addresses, costs and the like.
 DOT LONDON Domain - Slidingpillar
Start off by checking your ISP. Although it is rare now to find one who'll act as your agent, buy and then host, it is still worth checking what you can get.
Part of the reason is that I may want email addresses independent of an ISP so I can chop and change without changing address.
Oh yes, cost comes in to it as well. I don't want to spend a lot.

I've looked at 123-reg and it might all add up to a bit - annual fee + email forwarding fee per month and so on.

Cheap and reliable is the key.
 DOT LONDON Domain - smokie
No idea if they will be selling these but my "personal" domain names have been with www.1and1.co.uk for years. Only really used for mail forwarding... .co.uk are cheap, .com are more (about £13 pa IIRC)
Last edited by: smokie on Sat 26 Apr 14 at 12:22
It seems they want between £35 and £40 per year for this "prestige" domain.

Shame, but I'm not paying that much.

Well, .co.uk will do just as well at £3.49 per year.
 DOT LONDON Domain - MD
names.co.uk

They have served me well for years. Have several with them.
Latest Forum Posts