Computer Related > Inactive eyebrow Computing Issues
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 8

Inactive eyebrow - Ambo
With one exception, I can enter any of my passwords and get an "eyebrow" icon to the right of the coded version of it. Clicking on this enables me to check the full version. The exception is for a site which does not have its "eyebrow" activated. The site provider says this is beyond his power to correct. Can anyone suggest a remedy please?
 Inactive eyebrow - Ambo
No response so obviously a rare problem. However, the site supervisor has come up with a belated workaround: type in the first character, then click on the "eyebrow". It appears in full (rather than coded) form as does the rest of the password.
 Inactive eyebrow - Focusless
Sorry ambo but no idea what you're talking about - is this on specific sites, or all sites? Specific to a browser? I'm curious.
 Inactive eyebrow - Ambo
Any site that requires me to supply a password. The browser is IE11.
Ah ok - I use Chrome, but just fired up IE and see what you mean now, thanks. Perhaps other IE users might be able to help.
 Inactive eyebrow - No FM2R
I just had a look too. Never even knew that facility existed.

I doubt that it is anything to do with the site you are accessing as to whether or not your password is displayed - it must be a local config issue.

But I don't have the slightest idea how to do it. Sorry.

I'll have a fiddle with it later.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 6 May 14 at 18:58
 Inactive eyebrow - Ambo
As noted above, there is a workaround.

Does anyone know what this icon, which I have described as an "eyebrow", is properly called?
The feature appears to be called 'password reveal', but regarding the icon I can only find references to 'eye' or 'eyebrow'.
...or just 'password reveal button'
www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-password-reveal-button-windows-8
Latest Forum Posts