Computer Related > AVG free download Computing Issues
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 15

AVG free download - maltrap
My AVG free trial has just ended, i tried to get it again only to end up with something i didn't want. Can anyone tell the genuine AVG free dowload site. Thanks.
 AVG free download - No FM2R
free.avg.com/ww-en/free-antivirus-download

Click on "FREE Download" near the bottom and you should get an automatic download on the next page.

Then execute that file.
 AVG free download - Stuartli
Even better, switch to Avast! and get a free "upgrade"..:-)
 AVG free download - movilogo
I ditched AVG in favour of Avast. Much less resource hog.
 AVG free download - VxFan
>> I ditched AVG in favour of Avast. Much less resource hog.

I ditched MSE in favour of Avast when MS stopped supporting WinXP. The couple of weeks that I did use it, I found it a resource hog as well as being intrusive with all the pop up messages that it gave from the toolbar.

Now using Windows Defender (MSE's new name) since I replaced my aging PC with Win 8.1.
 AVG free download - Stuartli
>>I ditched MSE in favour of Avast when MS stopped supporting WinXP. The couple of weeks that I did use it, I found it a resource hog as well as being intrusive with all the pop up messages that it gave from the toolbar.

Now using Windows Defender (MSE's new name) since I replaced my aging PC with Win 8.1.>>

You are most certainly not using the same version of (free) Avast! as me. The only "pop up" messages are aural confirmation that the definitions have been automatically updated. Perhaps you need to configure it correctly?

I also use Defender (at least keep it updated), but it was/has been available at the same time as MSE, so where your "new name" comes from is puzzling.
>> You are most certainly not using the same version of (free) Avast! as me.
>> Perhaps you need to configure it correctly?

Don't use it anymore, so I don't need to do anything with it except delete it off my old hard drive when I'm certain I don't need any more files off the old machine.
 AVG free download - sherlock47
>>I ditched MSE in favour of Avast when MS stopped supporting WinXP. <<

Why? MS are supporting MSE with updates until mid 2015. I note that the frequency of updates has seemed to increase - now new definitions on most days since XP support was dropped.
Last edited by: sherlock47 on Tue 3 Jun 14 at 07:54
>> Why?

Because at the time I was misinformed. Immaterial now as I no longer use the PC.
Since my failed attempt to re-install AVG free dowload i'm now lumbered with something called Bubble Dock, my attempts to uninstall it have been unsuccessful ,any suggestions as to how to get rid of this thing that has attached itself to my computer would be most appreciated.
 AVG free download - No FM2R
What did you try, because irritating though it is, a Windows, Add or Remove programs, should have nailed it.

Having said that, sort add or remove by installation date and look for something about the same time, perhaps with a name like Better Buys or similar.

Equally, check the browser you use for add-ons that you don't recognise.

Is that enough of a clue ? If you need more specific guidelines, then which browser are you using and what steps have you taken so far?
>> Bubble Dock, my attempts to uninstall it have been unsuccessful ,

tinyurl.com/mvcx5ok
 AVG free download - Robin O'Reliant
>> >> Bubble Dock, my attempts to uninstall it have been unsuccessful ,
>>
>>
I got that crap on the laptop and had to do a complete re-install to shift it. It didn't matter at the time because the machine was new and had nothing important on it, but it was damn annoying.
 AVG free download - FocalPoint
"...my failed attempt to re-install AVG free dowload..."

I'm no computer buff, but might that be because you haven't completely uninstalled it, as Mark's following post seems to imply?

I have found this will sort out programs that won't fully uninstall:

support.microsoft.com/fixit/

Click on "Install or upgrade software or hardware" and you'll get a further option:

"Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled".
Thanks to everyone for your helpful advice, but, after a lot huffing & puffing, grunting & groaning, e***** & blinding i've managed to uninstall it. I call these companies para-sites for sneaking into your computer under the guise of a reputable company. My feathers are all fluffed up now, time for a cup of cocoa & an early night. Thanks again.
 AVG free download - Videodoctor
For anyone who has got the free trial of AVG and would like to go back to the free edition just go to 'programs and features' or 'add or remove programs' and click 'uninstall' on avg 2014.
When the program box pops up one of the options is to downgrade to the free edition.Choose this and let it do its work and you will soon have the free edition again.
Latest Forum Posts