Computer Related > Wiping an iPad Computing Issues
Thread Author: nice but dim Replies: 4

Wiping an iPad - nice but dim
Hi,

I've been asked at work to sort an iPad (haven't a clue which model, A1490 on the back) which the user has forgotten his screen lock code duh! He hasn't got any data on it which he wants saving and we can setup the exchange email again no problem.

So I want to wipe it but I cant get past the screen lock code. How do I wipe it?

I've been googling and it says I have to install iTunes and do it that way, please help!

Yes I work in the IT department but have avoided any dealings with them until my current new job, suppose I best learn how to use them! I'm from a blackberry background.
 Wiping an iPad - smokie
I googled and found this. Seems you do need iTunes

Follow these steps if you never synced your device with iTunes, if you don't have Find My iPhone set up, or if you can't get to your own computer. You'll need to put your device in recovery mode to erase the device and its passcode. Then you'll restore your device.

Disconnect all cables from your device.
Turn off your device.
Press and hold the Home button. While holding the Home button, connect your device to iTunes. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on.
Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, then restore the device.

That's from this Apple page. support.apple.com/kb/HT1212

Last edited by: smokie on Thu 19 Jun 14 at 17:26
Thanks Smokie, its a job for tomorrow now - it was locked for an hour!
Smokie, worked a treat - many thanks.
 Wiping an iPad - Stuartli
Best just stick to a damp cloth from now on...:-)
Latest Forum Posts