Computer Related > Label printing Computing Issues
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 8

Label printing - Roger.
I'm banjaxed !
I cannot work out how to print address labels using MS Office Pro 2013.
I have an Excel worksheet with all the details: I have imported the members names addresses etc into an Access data base: I have exported the Excel list as a CSV file.
Opening Word and following the instructions NONE of these files will load names and addresses into Word in label form.
The best I can get is a Word label layout with "Next record" as the only text in each label!
Has any one any bright ideas, either to set up this function in Word, or could advise of a stand alone label printing program?
 Label printing - rtj70
Mail Merge is what you need to do. You didn't need to export data from Access or Excel - you could have references the data directly in Access.

www.dummies.com/how-to/computers-software/ms-office/Word/Word-2013/Mail-Merge.html
 Label printing - smokie
I've not got much experience in this but I remember ages ago using the Avery Label wizard (free download) as it had the UK label sizes. Might help.

www.avery.co.uk/avery/en_gb/Templates-%26-Software/Software/Avery-Wizard-for-Microsoft-Office.htm
 Label printing - spamcan61
>> I've not got much experience in this but I remember ages ago using the Avery
>> Label wizard (free download) as it had the UK label sizes. Might help.
>>
>> www.avery.co.uk/avery/en_gb/Templates-%26-Software/Software/Avery-Wizard-for-Microsoft-Office.htm
>>

I haven't specifically tried the mail merge yet (saving that for xmas card envelopes) but I've used the Avery free SW with Office 2010 and found it easy to use.

www.averyproducts.com.au/avery/en_au/Projects-%26-Ideas/Ideas-for-Work/Mailing/Step-By-Steps/Mail-Merge-with-the-Avery-Wizard.htm
 Label printing - Roger.
The Avery wizard will not work in my Word 2013! It just stops!
I have found Avery Design & Print , a stand alone, which will accept csv input, so I might have cracked it!
 Label printing - Roger.
...or not.
I can design the labels, but cannot find the size to buy"!
 Label printing - smokie
Don't you define the size when designing the label?

That's why I used the Avery thing (I think there are two different ones above), as Word only had US sizes.

ISTR it was pretty much specified by how many rows across by how many down rather than an actual size, and I just selected an Avery "part number" in design.
 Label printing - Bromptonaut
I used Mail Merge, envelopes and labels, plenty of options there for major brands/types. I created my own custom type based on measurement of label and page margins on Sainsbury own brand labels.

Content was easy though as I was doing set of identical addresses for multiplicity of stuff forwarded to Miss B/The Lad at respective Uni Halls.
 Label printing - Roger.
I eventually did my labels, using a 21 label template, by copying and pasting individual bits of the data from the .csv file.
I was completely unable to import into word from the .csv file or the excel file.
My return labels addressed to me were simple, though. Just one entry in the Wizard and a full page of 21 labels, in Word, are waiting the arrival of the sticky things from an Amazon supplier.
Latest Forum Posts