Computer Related > Create 'normal' CD track from youtube audio clip Computing Issues
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 9

Create 'normal' CD track from youtube audio clip - Focusless
I know I can find this out by a bit of googling, but I suspect I'll end up with multiple answers and most of them won't work for some reason.

So to save me a bit of wasted effort, please can someone recommend a quick/simple method of saving a youtube audio track as a track on a CD that can be played on a normal CD player? (Although I know some CD players don't like DIY CDs at all.)

I'll be using a Windows 7 laptop with no non-standard music/audio software.

TIA

EDIT: and it's only one track
Last edited by: Focusless on Wed 23 Jul 14 at 22:17
 Create 'normal' CD track from youtube audio clip - Zero
You'll need to (1) capture it, and then you will need to (2) save it as a .WAV file, and then burn it to whatever CD you want.

I use Audacity to do (1) & (2)
Ta - I'll give that a go.
 Create 'normal' CD track from youtube audio clip - Stuartli
Try:

www.majorgeeks.com/news/story/wonderfox_dvd_ripper_pro_giveaway.html
 Create 'normal' CD track from youtube audio clip - rtj70
If you can grab it to any audio format, getting it onto a CD is easy. iTunes or Windows Media Player can probably be used.

To grab audio I've personally used Audio Hijack on the Mac. But there are add-ons to Firefox to get video/audio out of Youtube.
 Create 'normal' CD track from youtube audio clip - Stuartli
Apart from my original suggestion, I use GetGo YouTube Downloader which converts music file as required whilst downloading (now incorporated into GetGo Download Manager):

www.getgosoft.com/

I have a YouTube Downloads folder for use with GetGo, which lists music and/or artistes in alphabetical order.

Last edited by: Stuartli on Fri 25 Jul 14 at 13:17
>> Ta - I'll give that [Audacity] a go.

Couldn't find a way of getting Audacity to record 'internal' stuff (no 'Sound mixer' in the drop-down, and going into control panel sounds/record and revealing hidden devices didn't help either, just listed the microphone). Presumably I missed something, but lacked the patience to get to the bottom of it.

So resorted to google, and found www.listentoyoutube.com/ . You give it a youtube URL and in less than a second it comes back with a link to an MP3 which you can download (ignoring the invitations to install other software). Then used Media Player to burn an audio CD.

Just hope it plays on my friend's CD player...
Last edited by: Focusless on Thu 24 Jul 14 at 08:56
>> You give it a youtube URL and in less than a second ...

...for a 10 minute track anyway, and I guess it depends on the clip quality.
 Create 'normal' CD track from youtube audio clip - PeteW
I use www.vidtomp3.com and have done for a couple of years without problem - same method and quality is as good as the original.
 Create 'normal' CD track from youtube audio clip - No FM2R
What Zero said, but ensure you burn an Audio CD, rather than simply burning the wav files, or whatever directly to it.

Even then older, and typically less sensitive, CD players may struggle.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Thu 24 Jul 14 at 00:21
Latest Forum Posts