Computer Related > Broken Micro SD card Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Rudedog Replies: 6

Broken Micro SD card - Rudedog
I've had a 64gb Sandisk card in my phone for a while now and I've been adding music onto it. Now when trying to play previously ok tracks the phone says that the music is of an unknown format. As a last resort I reformatted the card and started to reload my music back on but it's just not playing ball! Some tracks that were giving me issues now work and good tracks have now gone bad.

I'm now wasted hours trying to get working music on the card, should I buy a new card (maybe I don't need 64gb maybe I'll try a smaller 32gb one)?

I did format the card using the phone but this meant the card became unrecognised by my Mac whereas before it could be viewed as a mass storage device, should I try formatting using my Mac and if so what format do I format as?

Also are all makes the same? I thought Sandisk were a good brand.
 Broken Micro SD card - Zero
Format it on a PC (mac or Windows) then try it again

SD cards are a notoriously unreliable storage medium (the bigger and faster they are the more unreliable)
So what format should I pick from the Mac drop-down? I may just buy a smaller memory card and see if that helps.
 Broken Micro SD card - rtj70
Select MS-DOS (FAT) on the Mac for the format of the partition. It will do it as FAT32.
Thanks, after a bit of digging it seems cards over 32gb can be an issue for Blackberry 10 phones (I known there aren't many of us around) and the workaround is to format the cards as FAT32 as you mentioned, about to give it a go right now and see if that works.
 Broken Micro SD card - rtj70
If you want it rewritable in a Windows PC or Mac then FAT32 is the only option. The phone will no doubt format it as FAT32 itself.

FAT16 wouldn't be any good. With 64K clusters, FAT16 is limited to 4GB.
 Broken Micro SD card - Stuartli
This link may help you with regard to which SD cards are suitable for various devices:

www.sdcard.org/consumers/choices/
Latest Forum Posts