Computer Related > Apple devices Connectivity Issues Computing Issues
Thread Author: wokingham Replies: 5

Apple devices Connectivity Issues - wokingham
Good Afternoon. I have i pod, phone 4 and pad, Only the latter has been updated to IOS8. Now none of them will connect to my computer via iTunes. They are not showing in the tool bar so I cannot synch, back up or transfer content. Additionally the connected device(s) do not show in "My Computer" when that is selected - I just get offered my partitioned Hard Drive (C + D) and my DVD drive. Normally the Apple device appears and one one can open it, transfer photos out etc. I have uninstalled/reinstalled itunes. to no effect. Everything is working right now, as individual items, but connectivity via USB cable is not working. Any thoughts please? Thanks.
  Apple devices Connectivity Issues - No FM2R
Have you tried more than one cable?
  Apple devices Connectivity Issues - Zero
try another USB port, not one on a hub, the ones at the back of the PC are best.
  Apple devices Connectivity Issues - CGNorwich
Reboot the computer.
  Apple devices Connectivity Issues - wokingham
Thanks, been away for a couple of days. Shall have to try another computer I think. No device shows in "My Computer" nor do they appear, by name, in I tunes . They each make the bleep noise with connection and disconnection. I am on a laptop which has worked in the recent past and only has 2 USB ports. I will report back when I have tried another computer.
  Apple devices Connectivity Issues - No FM2R
That sounds rather like a cable issue.
Latest Forum Posts