Computer Related > Sky Go with Virgin Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 9

Sky Go with Virgin - BobbyG
Just installed Skygo on my f-I-l's ipad to watch Sky Sports through my virgin account.
However I realise that SkyGo has something built in to prevent the ipad being hooked up to a big TV and watching it on that.

Does anyone know if you install it on a PC does the same rule apply by just hooking up with HDMI cable? (I think I have read on here previously that it prevents Chromecast from doing this?)

Or by hooking up to TV with HDMI can you view on full screen?

Cheers
 Sky Go with Virgin - Zero

>> Or by hooking up to TV with HDMI can you view on full screen?
>>
>> Cheers

If your PC has a DVI out plug (most do these days) then you can get a DVI to HDMI adaptor plug, and connect an HDMI cable between PC and TV and mirror whats on the PC screen.
So the normal HDMI to HDMI won't work?
 Sky Go with Virgin - Zero
if you have hdmi out on your pc, yes it should work,
cheers - problem is you only get to do one change of device per month and have just loaded onto his ipad so will need to wait till March to try the PC!
 Sky Go with Virgin - rtj70
I'm slightly confused with the Sky Go with Virgin title. Is this just using Virgin Media for the Internet connection and a Sky account for the Sky Go bit?

Anyway a tablet or phone won't output the Sky Go channels via HDMI. And Chromecast won't work either. It's Sky stopping you doing what you are trying to do.

But if I plug my laptop into the TV using HDMI it does work for Sky Go output. But why would I when I have a Sky HD box on the same TV :-)
Rob I have Virgin Media that supply phone, broadband and TV.
With my TV package I have Sky Sports.
With this, it means I also get Sky Go and can install this on two other devices.
Thus, my dad, and my f-I-l can both watch Sky Sports on their Ipads.

However m-I-l would also like to watch the games, therefore it would make more sense to play it through laptop onto their TV screen rather than them both being crouched round an Ipad.

Sky Go with Virgin - rtj70
I must admit I didn't realise if you got Sky Sports through Virgin you still had access to Sky Go.

The Sky Go Extra service is better than just Sky Go. It's free for 3 months at the moment but normally £5pm. You can use it on 4 devices and get more of the channels. Whether you can pay extra for Sky Go Extra via Virgin Media though.

As you know you can only swap the devices for Sky Go once per month.
 Sky Go with Virgin - VxFan
>> if you have hdmi out on your pc, yes it should work,

Wot he said. I've hooked my laptop up to the TV via a HDMI lead several times now.

However, sometimes it doesn't always work. Never got to the bottom of it. Sometimes I have to switch the TV off and back on for it to recognise the laptop connection. Other times I have had to put the laptop to sleep/hibernate andthen power back up to establish a connection.
 Sky Go with Virgin - CGNorwich
This article would suggest that you will be OK.

www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/advice/9949621/Can-I-connect-Sky-Go-to-my-TV.html
Latest Forum Posts