Computer Related > New Monitors - Dell UltraSharp U2515H Computing Issues
Thread Author: rtj70 Replies: 6

New Monitors - Dell UltraSharp U2515H - rtj70
I have wanted to swap the old monitor on the PC (VGA 1280x1024) for ages. What stopped me was I didn't really want a 1080P screen. I wanted higher resolution but not a huge screen. Prices for 2560x1440 displays were high if you wanted a quality panel. I'm not sure I need a 4K display because of the size it would have to be.

Well Dell has a monitor that's tempting... about £255 and a 2560x1440 25" IPS display which is 60Hz. I could connect the iMac, PC and Macbook at the same time. HDMI ports are MHL too.

Tempting. Anyone any experience of a decent 2560x1440 monitor?

It doesn't have speakers like all Dell monitors. Their soundbar is a USB sound device so not a lot of use for multiple computers. A set of speakers would be needed.
 New Monitors - Dell UltraSharp U2515H - smokie
Dunno about the quality but I am so used to my 29" screen now, the 24" looks positively small next to it. It was only a cheapie, the 24" is a Dell and wasn't too cheap when I got it, but the colours are so much better on more modern screens (the Dell is a few years old but the display looks quite yellowed next to the newer one).
 New Monitors - Dell UltraSharp U2515H - Stuartli
I have an almost five-year-old Dell 23in ST2310 monitor, not a particularly expensive or spectacular features HD device, and the display quality is still first class - the settings have never been altered during that time.

It's been on at least 12 hours a day since acquired from new, been switched on and off thousands of times, yet soldiers on seemingly without a care in the world...:-)
 New Monitors - Dell UltraSharp U2515H - rtj70
Thanks for comments so far. I was after experience and perceived advantage of a 2560x1440 display or better.
 New Monitors - Dell UltraSharp U2515H - smokie
There's nothing like a bit of early thread drift. :-) I doubt many here will be able to help, so bit.ly/1zxqkiT
 New Monitors - Dell UltraSharp U2515H - Fursty Ferret
Definitely get the high resolution screen. Discovered after buying a Surface Pro 3 that it's quite unpleasant using a 1080p external monitor and in fact have unplugged it!
 New Monitors - Dell UltraSharp U2515H - Stuartli
>> Thanks for comments so far. I was after experience and perceived advantage of a 2560x1440 display or better.>>

I was attempting to point out Dell's quality standards in the case of my monitor...:-)
Latest Forum Posts