Computer Related > Google / Google + Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 5

Google / Google + - BobbyG
Ok it took me long enough to get an understanding of facebook and its settings / controls etc and now I want to start with Google.

I have a Google email address that I use to have a Google account to get my android apps. I don't use the email account at all.

I note that when I am signed on to google on any of my PCs it tracks what websites I have been on from other devices which is fine. It also saves my searches on google maps which is good.

However I seem to have accidentally ticked a box on my phone to upload all my phone photos to Google + which although isn't an issue, I prefer not to have my boring photos possible accessible from the web.

When I click on Google+ there seems to be a whole new world in there with different names like hangouts, Communities etc that I just don't want.

How do I delete the Google + and basically just leave me with the gmail address for my apps and map searches etc? I tried going through the delete process that I could find but it seemed to want to delete absolutely everything associated inc youtube accounts etc.

Any starters for ten?
 Google / Google + - Zero
>> Ok it took me long enough to get an understanding of facebook and its settings
>> / controls etc and now I want to start with Google.

No you don't. As you have found out, Google has too many fingers in too many pies, some of which you know about some of which you don't. - Youtube for example. You really don't want to to have such "signed" integration especially at the os level (android)

There is no need for google+, no-one uses it.
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 25 Feb 15 at 13:30
 Google / Google + - No FM2R
Change the phone settings. It depends on your Android version for the exact route, but something like Settings / General / Accounts should get you there.
 Google / Google + - BobbyG
Zero, that was my point, I think I may have Google + now but I want to try and remove it from everything and go back to "bare bones" as it were?
 Google / Google + - John Boy
Ask Google:

support.google.com/plus/answer/1044503?hl=en-GB
 Google / Google + - Focusless
>> Ask Google:
>>
>> support.google.com/plus/answer/1044503?hl=en-GB

I was tempted to delete my own Google+ profile, until I read in the above that it also effectively removes your Youtube account (unless I've read it wrong).
Latest Forum Posts