Computer Related > Deleting Ask? Home Page Computing Issues
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 6

Deleting Ask? Home Page - Ambo
Installing, trying then deleting a weather report service, I am left with the Ask? home page for some reason, in place of the Google search engine I want. The latter can be engaged by a keystroke but how to I get rid of Ask? please? I can't find a way via Help or other avenues.
 Deleting Ask? Home Page - VxFan
Are you using Internet Explorer?

Tools > Options.

Edit, change or delete the URL(s) in the Home Page window of the General Tab.

I would guess it's pretty much the same with other browsers too.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 2 Mar 15 at 10:32
 Deleting Ask? Home Page - John Boy
PC Advisor has a page on how to do it with various browsers:

tinyurl.com/pycy2w3
 Deleting Ask? Home Page - Stuartli
In IE and Firefox, if you open the browser at what would be your preferred Home Page and then go to Tools>Options>General (this is for FF, but sure IE is very similar), you can click on the Use Current Page button. This will Enable your required Home Page.
 Deleting Ask? Home Page - Zero
>> Installing, trying then deleting a weather report service, I am left with the Ask? home
>> page for some reason,

The reason is explained in the following link. Basically when installing anything don't accept the default or automatic mode of installing, always go for the expert mode and there you will get the little tick box to delete the other crap loaded

>> how to I get rid of Ask? please?
>> I can't find a way via Help or other avenues.

Well I used that well known avenue google and i searched for "how do i remove the ask toolbar"

uk.pcmag.com/browsers-reviews-and/14164/feature/how-to-remove-the-askcom-toolbar-from-your-browser
 Deleting Ask? Home Page - RattleandSmoke
I would also run this just to make sure there is nothing else left over, it is brilliant for cleaning up browsers.

www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Deleting Ask? Home Page - Ambo
Google restored. Many thanks for all the above.
Latest Forum Posts