Computer Related > s.yimg.com Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 4

s.yimg.com - bathtub tom
My PC's been slowing down lately when I load my Yahoo mail, it locks for around thirty seconds while Yahoo mail loads. I cleared the cache with no improvement.

I've now noticed s.yimg.com in the bottom left hand corner of the screen during this time. Googling it gives conflicting information.

Searching my computer for s.yimg.com seems it's linked to Flickr. I don't use Flickr and have never knowingly loaded it.

Does anyone know if it's malevolent and if so is there any easy way of removing it? I've done a full scan with SUPERAntiSpyware, but that didn't remove it.

I'm using Windows 7 ultimate and Firefox 37.0.1.
 s.yimg.com - devonite
You Could try going into Firefox settings and have a look at Addons and extensions, disable or remove any you don't need. then look in "manage search engines" and do the same.

HTH

EDIT: then run a Malwarebytes scan, this doesn't miss much!
Last edited by: devonite on Fri 10 Apr 15 at 12:06
 s.yimg.com - Zero
this has been an ongoing and oft repeated issue with Yahoo mail. Not a problem with your machine, its a problem with yahoo.

s.yimg.com - No FM2R
As Zero says, this seems to be caused by Yahoo and their advertisments. There is not much you can do about it other than stop using Yahoo or wait for it to go away.

I know its pain on your computer, but as far as I can see its not causing any harm, just annoyance.
 s.yimg.com - bathtub tom
Thanks for the replies.

I thought it strange the problem's reared its head on my PC only in the last couple of weeks. Reading more about it, it would seem it's been about much longer.
Latest Forum Posts