Computer Related > Microsoft Update Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 3

Microsoft Update - Robin O'Reliant
I'm having trouble installing the latest updates for Win 8.1. It get's to 8% then aborts, is this a known problem and is there a fix?

Ta
 Microsoft Update - No FM2R
There was a recently problematic update. What's the number? I'm not at home but ill look it up un an hour or two. I think the number ended something like ...3045
 Microsoft Update - No FM2R
I had a problem a few days ago with Update messing around.

I ran sfc /scannow which completed but came back with... "could not repair some files" or something like that.

It turned out that these files had been corrupted by KB3022345 which affected Windows 7 & 8.

I found a fix on Bleepingcomputer. I can give you a pointer if any of this sounds likely to be part of your issue.
 Microsoft Update - ....
Looking at my update history that came around Jan/Feb this year.

It's still sitting my recommended updates but not an important update.

Looking at the bumpf it says:
"This update enables the Diagnostics Tracking Service in Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. This tracking service collects data about functional issues in Windows."

I seem to recall Microsoft wanted feedback as to what hardware was being used for Win 7 & 8 to test Win 10. I know when that stuff was loaded on my machine it didn't run very well. I binned it.
Last edited by: gmac on Fri 29 May 15 at 22:36
Latest Forum Posts