Computer Related > Browsers on a Mac..... Computing Issues
Thread Author: Haywain Replies: 3

Browsers on a Mac..... - Haywain
I've been content to stick with Safari as the standard browser on my Mac during the past 3 years since the machine was new; it's now running Yosemite.

My son tells me that it would be worth installing Chrome in addition to Safari, particularly in order to get 'Chromecast' - he'll no doubt explain what that does later.

Have any of you chaps put Chrome on a Mac - does it work - was it worth it? Are there any pitfalls for a computing numptie?

Cheers HW
 Browsers on a Mac..... - Zero
>> Have any of you chaps put Chrome on a Mac
yes
>> - does it work -
yes
>> was it worth it?
yes
>>Are there any pitfalls for a computing numptie?
No

one of the reasons I did it was in order to get 'Chromecast' - no doubt your son will explain what that does later.

Last edited by: Zero on Wed 3 Jun 15 at 16:27
 Browsers on a Mac..... - rtj70
I've got Chrome on both my Macs and have no problem with it.
 Browsers on a Mac..... - Haywain
Thanks for the comments; I installed Chrome yesterday evening and tried the Facetime-equivalent thing with my son. It worked, but I don't think the definition was as good as Facetime. I never got round to asking about Chromecast, but that will come later.

Interestingly, I tried to get onto The Apex website (our local concert hall) and, as usual these days, it failed to open properly with Safari. So I tried Chrome ............. and it worked perfectly ......... hooray!
Latest Forum Posts