Computer Related > Editing videos Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 9

Editing videos - bathtub tom
I've a couple of video clips taken at a recent wedding. The family wants to see them, but I'd like to edit them a bit first, just trim them and rotate one.

Anyone suggest simple editing software (preferably free) to do this.

Also how do you suggest I make them available for others to see. One's around 100MB and the other's twice that size
 Editing videos - No FM2R
Windows Movie maker is about as good as the free ones get. It'll do most things, but it does tend to lose quality/resolution quite quickly if you're not careful
 Editing videos - No FM2R
As for making them visible, then there are a million ways.

Uploading it to Dropbox for example; This will then enable you to email a link to anyone who wishes to see it, but you can ensure that they can't delete it.

You can upload it to Youtube as a private video, although then you'll only be able to share it with people who have Google or Youtube account.

There are many other ways also. It depends on how you want to share it and with whom.
 Editing videos - geoff1248
Another vote here for Windows Movie Maker. Easy to use and very reasonable results. You can link it in with Windows DVD maker and end up with some quite good results. However once you upgrade to Windows 10 you loose both of these free programs. This is one of the reasons many, including me, will not be upgrading for as long as I can.
 Editing videos - No FM2R
>>However once you upgrade to Windows 10 you loose both of these free programs

You absolutely do not lose Movie Maker. I used it last night to help No. 1 daughter with something.

I have no idea one way or the other about DVD Maker.
 Editing videos - No FM2R
Having just checked it is true that Microsoft say that Movie Maker is not in W10.

I most certainly still have it and did nothing special to retain it. I cannot explain why that is so.

www.iskysoft.com/video-editing/windows-movie-maker-windows-10.html
Last edited by: No FM2R on Fri 21 Aug 15 at 16:05
 Editing videos - spamcan61
>> Having just checked it is true that Microsoft say that Movie Maker is not in
>> W10.
>>
>> I most certainly still have it and did nothing special to retain it. I cannot
>> explain why that is so.
>>
Maybe if it was on the machine pre upgrade you get to keep it, but on a fresh W10 install it's payware?

I'll second the nomination of WMM anyway, I've always found it covers my sub-Pixar video editing needs, although I find the more recent 'Live' versions - with built in upload to Youtube etc. - fiddlier to use than ye olde XP version.
 Editing videos - Focusless
>> You can upload it to Youtube as a private video, although then you'll only be
>> able to share it with people who have Google or Youtube account.

Alternatively you can make it unlisted, which is almost as good as private - it won't show up in searches. But anyone who is given the link can view it,
 Editing videos - Stuartli
See:

www.techisky.com/software/windows-dvd-maker-for-windows-10.html
 Editing videos - bathtub tom
Thanks folks. Movie maker did exactly what I wanted.
Latest Forum Posts