Computer Related > iTunes - the devil's work ? Computing Issues
Thread Author: Pezzer Replies: 17

iTunes - the devil's work ? - Pezzer
My youngest has just upgraded his 4s to a 5s (paper round money before anyone says anything). However you would have though it would be a simple task to back up his 4s music to iTunes/Cloud and then transfer it to his 5s. Oh no it has managed to wipe almost everything other than his purchases.
I'm an Android user so can drag and drop what I like almost where I like so I just dont get iTunes. I have tried to download some iTunes alternatives but we are still struggling to move some key tracks that he wants.

Has anyone got any bright ideas or suggestions please as the 4s is wiped but some of the tracks are still lurking on an older ipod touch.
 iTunes - the devil's work ? - Zero
media monkey
 iTunes - the devil's work ? - No FM2R
I have a program which copies music from an iPod or iPhone either bypassing iTunes or loading an iTunes library as you choose.

If you can wait till later I shall post the details of app and process tonight.
 iTunes - the devil's work ? - spamcan61
>> media monkey
>>
Like Zed sed. iTunes has to be the most unintuitive pile of cack I've ever had to use. Does it still not automatically add new tracks to your library, for example.?
Last edited by: spamcan61 on Fri 25 Sep 15 at 17:31

>> Like Zed sed. iTunes has to be the most unintuitive pile of cack I've ever
>> had to use.

One of the benefits of getting rid of the iPhone was dumping iTunes. Its certainly not my media manager of choice.
Thanks Guys, although I am struggling to get Media Monkey to copy from the ipod to my computer although like other Apps it is happy to download to it.

No FM2R, yes I would really appreciate details of the tool you mention.

>> Thanks Guys, although I am struggling to get Media Monkey to copy from the ipod
>> to my computer although like other Apps it is happy to download to it.

www.mediamonkey.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/3/0/how-to-copy-tracks-from-an-ipod-or-iphone
We have lift off .............. thank you
Well done, do I assume that is your problem solved?
Yes thanks....... the teenager's demeanour is now bordering on happy rather than the whole world was about to end.

Zero recommended Media Monkey to me as well. Its really good but rather overkill for my limited usage.

Worth pursing and persevering if you are into that stuff I think. More of a radio man, myself.
 iTunes - the devil's work ? - Bobby
I must admit I don't have an issue with iTunes.

Have recently backed up a few iphones to it and then plugged in new iphones and copied the settings over in one go and it was a complete dawdle?

Could the OP not do this - I had previously done it from a 4 to a 5S and then to a 6?

I have used itunes for years with a classic ipod and once I worked out how to get round the duplicating of tracks then it has been great. And then I got an iphone and just linked it up and was able to copy playlists and selected podcasts, songs etc . An bsolute skoosh!
 iTunes - the devil's work ? - MD
With Zeddo here. Pile of Poo the I toones thing.
Dunno picking up the pieces for No2 son - but by default it seems to have synced to the computer and deleted anything else on the phone (without a warning). Rather than truly syncing the two together.

Did i say I hated it .....................and find it counter intuitive ?
 iTunes - the devil's work ? - Roger.
I still find it hard to understand why people listen to (pop) music so much and are so fixated with it.
I love trad jazz and big band swing, but even if it was current today, I certainly would not go round with ear buds stuffed in my lug-holes for a good part of the day.
 iTunes - the devil's work ? - NortonES2
Bix is the guy. All else pales.
 iTunes - the devil's work ? - Roger.
>> Bix is the guy. All else pales.
>>

Yes he was good.
I liked the ODJB and had an LP of them doing their thing - remastered 78s from the long, long, ago, of course.
More UTD - Colyer, even though he wasnt a good trumpeter had a great band, which I saw, live, at Nottingham Arts Ball many years ago.
Memories - I met my first real girl friend there, too. She was a dress design student at the Art College and her family was loaded. Like me she'd be in her seventies now, but she had great legs - remember those mini, mini-skirts?
Sigh.
 iTunes - the devil's work ? - Bobby
>>but by default it seems to have synced to the computer and deleted anything else on the phone (without a warning).

It does give a warning when you connect it up to a new PC that it will wipe if you sync it fully. But you can hook it up and then just copy individual items over without doing a full sync.
Latest Forum Posts