Computer Related > Removing horizontal lines in Word document Computing Issues
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 10

Removing horizontal lines in Word document - Ambo
I have received a Word document (I don't know which version) which has a number of unexplained horizontal lines, which I wish to remove prior to modification.

I use Word 7 and can't find any way to do this. Can somebody tell me please?
 Removing horizontal lines in Word document - John Boy
You can achieve perfect horizontal lines in Word by holding down the Shift and Underline keys simultaneously. Have you tried going to the end of the last one and using the Backspace key?
 Removing horizontal lines in Word document - No FM2R
Difficult to know remotely. If you wish to send it to me I'll work it out and send it back.
 Removing horizontal lines in Word document - spamcan61
Are the lines visible on a print preview?
The Backspace ploy does not work. The lines do indeed show on Print review. Thanks FM2R; I have sent you an email. It shows they do not appear in that version, neither do they as an attachment t it.
I'll be interested to hear the solution when it materialises, Ambo or NoFM. Word has caused me no end of aggravation over the years.
In Ambo's document there is a table or box (perhaps many, but he sent me a small sample). That table has no grid lines, contents or borders, save for one across the bottom.

Either the table can be deleted, which is tedious and may present additional work in the form of required formatting, or one simply selects the entire document and chooses "No Borders". The table will remain but be invisible.

Once I'd worked out what was happening, resolution was simple. I'd like to pretend I worked it out in a flash, but sadly it took a while before I twigged.

I have offered step by step instructions to Ambo, but need clarification of his Word version first.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sun 4 Oct 15 at 19:58
 Removing horizontal lines in Word document - spamcan61
I must admit I'm a frequent user of tables with invisible borders in Word, usually the least worst option when attempting to get blocks of text with interspersed images to align as desired.
Last edited by: spamcan61 on Sun 4 Oct 15 at 21:10
And apparently selecting "No Borders" did the trick. I'll work it out more quickly next time.
Tip from FMR2 gratefully acknowledged.
+1
Latest Forum Posts