Computer Related > Utility Warehouse Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 11

Utility Warehouse - Dog
Anybuddy with this Co? .. I have my phone line rental with the Post Office which is very cheap at £12.50pm.

I have my ADSL2+ with a little-known Co called Greenisp at £15.00 so I could save a few bob to spend on more Tribute and Proper Job - if I switch both services to UW.
 Utility Warehouse - smokie
Pretty sure my daughter is with them, she has her mobile, electric and landline all with the same company. Also a drinking buddy uses them.

I can't recall them talking about any problems with them except their call centres were only open Mon - Fri normal business hours, so if you have a problem over a weekend then you have to wait... though their website indicates there is 24h fault line so maybe that's improved.

I know my daughter didn't receive as much cashback as she expected, probably a combo of smart salesman and her misunderstanding.
 Utility Warehouse - nice but dim
I was with them some years back (also called Telecoms Plus) but for gas and electric. Wasn't the cheapest I remember and you have to pay a membership fee (its a bit Ann Summers with the friend recommendations and resellers) but no complaints really.

It was sort of forced on me to use them as part of the renting agreement.

If you combine multiple services (energy/mobile/broadband) there are savings to be made.
 Utility Warehouse - rtj70
You could probably get phone and broadband from Post Office for £20.
 Utility Warehouse - R.P.
I was with them for a number of years. Bullied into it by a friend who was a "sales=man" for them as an extra income generator. They were cheap enough. Found a cheaper deal in the end. Not complained about at CAB
 Utility Warehouse - Dog
Thanks all. The Post office is okay for line rental, but there's no way I would put my broadband with them :)

I don't fancy a membership fee TBH - I'll have to look further into that over the weekend.

I'd consider putting my leccy with them too, being that I have had enough of npower.
Save you bother;

www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk/files/terms/Residential_Charges.pdf
 Utility Warehouse - Dog
Thanks Tim.

>>It's not actually the Post Office that provides the service. They are a virtual provider of the service.

I know Rob but, they had some awful problems about a year ago and I just wouldn't fancy putting my bb with them.

www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/09/postoffice-uk-users-blame-network-migration-phone-support-woes.html

>>
>> I just wouldn't fancy putting my bb with them.

>>

I agree, they are well known for their packet loss.

Sorry :)
 Utility Warehouse - rtj70
>> The Post office is okay for line rental, but there's no way I would put my broadband with them :)

It's not actually the Post Office that provides the service. They are a virtual provider of the service.
 Utility Warehouse - bathtub tom
My bill for 'phone (unlimited, 24-7, UK land-line calls, plus a couple of other services) and unlimited broadband (OK I only get 4Mb down and 3Kb up) is usually around £9/month from Plusnet. I do pay the additional line rental in advance.

I see at the moment it's free broadband, £3/month for calls and £17/month line rental. I wonder what I can negotiate when it's up for renewal?
 Utility Warehouse - smokie
Virgin have just increased mine to 200mb, which is way more than I can use... but how would one cope with just 4mb??? That's cheap enough though...
Latest Forum Posts