Computer Related > I Phone app store Computing Issues
Thread Author: MD Replies: 14

I Phone app store - MD
The last few times I have searched for an App the system has had me sign in (fine) then wanted me to confirm debit card info for "further purchases". I have never noticed this before these few times and I am wondering.............Well, you know. Any ideas please?
 I Phone app store - Zero
this is for apps with "in house" purchases - games mostly.
 I Phone app store - MD
Forgive me, but still a bit lost.

Is it safe to enter the info and continue?

It's just an app for hilarious ringtones etc.
 I Phone app store - rtj70
It's safe providing you feel you can trust Apple to take good care of storing your bank card details on their servers in their data centres in the USA.
 I Phone app store - Zero
>> Forgive me, but still a bit lost.
>>
>> Is it safe to enter the info and continue?

yes

>> It's just an app for hilarious ringtones etc.

But then they can zap money out of your account for every every extra ring tone you select. Thats what "in house purchases" are
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 6 Nov 15 at 20:00
 I Phone app store - MD
Noted Captain. Ringtones are off. Thank you.
 I Phone app store - Bobby
Make your own ringtones - even I managed it!

www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/apple/turn-song-on-your-iphone-into-ringtone-3622959/

Re your original issue, my missus was experiencing this trying to download google maps to her iphone. Ended up doing it while the phone was connected to iTunes via laptop and it worked fine.
 I Phone app store - MD
I am still a little puzzled as to why DC details are required when the App selected is described as free?
 I Phone app store - Focusless
It's free to walk into a supermarket, but they hope you'll buy something while you're there. And think how easy it would be if they already had your bank details and just debited you as you took things off the shelves :)
 I Phone app store - Pat
MD, I know I don't have an I-phone and it may be a different set up but I get asked this when I go to Google playstore to download a ringtone or app.

I just press 'skip' and it allows me to go and download anything which is free.

Can you do that?

Pat

I Phone app store - MD
Hi Pat. Just this very minute done that. When asked for DC details I ticked 'None' under the list of cards and it all appears to be sorted.

I have downloaded some ringtones from 'Zedge free' as have colleagues, with success, but for the life of me I can't find where they've hidden themselves in I phone (4s). Grrrr...
 I Phone app store - Zero
>> I am still a little puzzled as to why DC details are required when the
>> App selected is described as free

The app is free, stuff in it aint.
 I Phone app store - MD
Well yes they are free. I've just found out I have to sync the phone with the dreaded I tunes to make them selectable. I'll do that later as for now Bathroom tiling beckons. Have a nice day. Tiddling down here btw.
 I Phone app store - Zero
>> >> I am still a little puzzled as to why DC details are required when
>> the
>> >> App selected is described as free
>>
>> The app is free, stuff in it aint.

there will be stuff in the app that aint.
 I Phone app store - MD
Yep got that.
Latest Forum Posts