Computer Related > Recycle Bin Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 10

Recycle Bin - Pat
Three times in the last couple of weeks I've found 349 of my photo's in the recycle bin.
Luckily I restored them to wherever they came from but it only needs me to run something like CCleaner without checking it first for them all to get deleted.

I have Googled it and it seems others have had a problem similar to this and have traced it to Google Drive synching something.

When I look at Google drive I don't have any photos there though.

Is it something to do with my new S6 and the way I've set that up?

......it isn't just AC who is useless at computers.

Pat
 Recycle Bin - smokie
So you restored them but you don't know where to? Why not pick one of the file names and search you computer to find all instances of where that file lives?

It's feasible that some kind of sync programme (and Google Drive could be one) is the culprit but it's likely that it's doing what it should be but you need to know more about where your stuff is.

Had they actually gone from where you think they should have been?

Whatever, make sure you have backups, multiple backups of anything you value
 Recycle Bin - Zero
turn off synching for a while, and see if it stops.

Recycle Bin - VxFan
>> So you restored them but you don't know where to?

The recycle bin should indicate the original location the file(s) were in, along with the date deleted. Change the view type to "details".
 Recycle Bin - Pat
Thanks VX, I didn't know you could do that.

I just hit the 'restore all' button and the file names were just long numbers with these{} around them so didn't give me any indication.

How do I turn off synching....on the phone and/or on the PC?

I did a back up yesterday after I'd restored them again.

Pat
 Recycle Bin - WillDeBeest
Details view makes most things in Windows Explorer more manageable. That and the Preview panel, which usually gets in the way but is a big help when hunting for a photo.
 Recycle Bin - smokie
Need to know what's syncing them...
 Recycle Bin - VxFan
>> I just hit the 'restore all' button and the file names were just long numbers
>> with these{} around them so didn't give me any indication.

The "original location" column should be next to the filename. If it's not displayed, then right click on any of the other column names and put a tick against it in the drop down list.
 Recycle Bin - Zero
there will be a google drive folder on your pc somewhere, a right click of that should produce the required menu item.
 Recycle Bin - Pat
There isn't...at least there is but all it has in it is a Google maps thingy and a Google Earth plug in.

Pat
 Recycle Bin - Zero
www.lightrains.com/blog/change-google-drive-default-folder-location-windows#gsc.tab=0
Latest Forum Posts