Computer Related > Spotify alternative in Android? Computing Issues
Thread Author: movilogo Replies: 5

Spotify alternative in Android? - movilogo
I was happy with Spotify in the past and as a free user could tolerate occasional 30 seconds ads between tracks.

But the "suggested song" nuisance has drove me mad! If I am listening calming piano, I don't want to listen Katy Perry shouting all of nowhere!

Is there any free app which is similar to Spotify?

Or any app which can stream audio only from YouTube and can run in the background?

Spotify alternative in Android? - Focusless
Seen this advertised on TV a bit recently and assumed it was a Spotify-type service, but I haven't actually investigated so apologies if it's not what you're after:
www.deezer.com/
 Spotify alternative in Android? - movilogo
Deezer offers only a trial version in mobiles. Also tried Soundcloud but track availability is much less than Spotify.

Spotify alternative in Android? - CGNorwich
Isn't the answer just to pay the monthly subscription? Cheap for what you get.
 Spotify alternative in Android? - CGNorwich
Just checked - you can get 3 months free premium for 99p at the moment. Once you use the premium you won't want to go back to adds.
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Tue 1 Dec 15 at 10:30
 Spotify alternative in Android? - WillDeBeest
Just pay. Free services will always be compromised by something. Music paid for by advertising will become as good as TV paid for by advertising.

Deezer Elite is excellent - even has Led Zep and AC/DC, who were latecomers to streaming - but you need a Sonos system for the full lossless quality; still 320k on anything else, although that's fine for offline content in the car.
Latest Forum Posts